Donatella Versace once underlined in her interview, ‘Fashion is all about happiness. It’s fun. It’s important. But it’s not medicine’.
In this weekly review you’ll find some of the most interesting notes on fashion that have ever been done.
1. British fashion is self confident and fearless. It refuses to bow to commerce, thus generating a constant flow of new ideas whilst drawing in British heritage.
2. Fashion is a social agreement. the result of a consensus of a large group of people.
3. Fashion is in my blood. Growing up, I was always clacking around the house in my mother’s shoes.
4. And you know, the baby boomers are getting older, and those off the rack clothes are just not fitting right any longer, and so, tailor-made suits are coming back into fashion.
5. Change of fashion is the tax levied by the industry of the poor on the vanity of the rich.
(Nicolas de Chamfort)
6. As a fashion designer, I was always aware that I was not an artist, because I was creating something that was made to be sold, marketed, used, and ultimately discarded.
7. Fashion is a tool… to compete in life outside the home. People like you better, without knowing why, because people always react well to a person they like the looks of.
8. Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months.
9. I literally have meetings at eight o’clock in the morning, and I finish at nine o’clock at night. It sounds pathetic, but I don’t even have time to go shopping.
10. Fashion fades, only style remains the same.